Thursday, August 17, 2006

Aren't I too old for these?

Zits... at 30? I just got the biggest zit I've had in probably a year this morning. I was under the impression that the only good thing about turning 30 (except your car insurance going down) was that the zits would subside. To my dismay, this must be an urban legend because it is obvioulsy not true for me.

After I finished my last session of tutoring today (YEAH!) I went to Sur la Table to get a popcorn popper...hand crank. It was very difficult to have a conversation with the people that worked there because I was sure they were staring at my enormous zit. It was the only think I could think about...could they tell? I was trying very hard to ask about an attachment for my stand mixer, but in my head I was screaming, "Look at my zit! Don't you see the cavernous monstrosity that is a zit on my chin? How can you talk to me about anything else? Aren't you going to offer me some cover-up or a scarf or something?" But instead, the woman acted as if she didn't even notice and continued to make eye-contact with me. Unbelievable. What a kind woman to ignore all my crazy thoughts and my chin as well.

After having to clean the bathroom mirror, I hope to not get another one of these for at least another year.

4 Comments:

Blogger JayC said...

What? No photo!

:P

5:32 AM  
Blogger Rorick Family said...

You are just too funny! Thanks for humoring me on this stressful day! :)

6:13 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Haa haa! I never had a problem with zits in school when you're supposed to get them. I started getting them after I graduated college. I usually get a couple a month now. Damn you, adult onset acne!

6:23 AM  
Blogger mgutzeitporter said...

I know...what the hell?!?! My face seemed to clear up quite a bit during my 20's and now I have times where it's as bad as high school!! YUK!! I just got Proactiv in the mail and I'm hoping it will work!!

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home