Friday, November 16, 2007

Last Day

Today is my last day teaching until I come back from maternity leave. I never actually thought I'd make it this far! It has been good closure for the students and for me. It was nice to not have gone into labor randomly and had stop teaching abruptly. The Little Man is already much more considerate of my schedule than Nora :-)

I still have conferences on Monday and Tuesday afternoon, but that is just sitting at a table from noon to 4:00, so that won't be bad...if I make it that far.

Does anyone know how long it can take until I go into labor after the baby has dropped? I can't find anything that says one way or the other.

6 Comments:

Blogger pegandmichael said...

Did you lose the mucous plug yet?

12:07 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

According to my doctor, there is no way to know when it will happen even after you've dropped, and after you are dialated. I asked her that question quite frequently while expecting our little man! You are just going to have to wait for your water to break or the contractions to start! Or maybe, maybe you'll even go past the due date and be induced! ;)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

My sister-in-law went a couple of weeks this summer after the baby had dropped....not what you wanted to hear I know. They also said Annabelle might have to wear a helmet because of it! :)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

And I would like to add that I went three days beyond the time I lost the mucous plug, so even that isn't the best indication, either. I hope you get to meet your little man sooner than later! When is the "official" due date??

4:03 PM  
Blogger April said...

no mucous plug loss...my due date is December 4th

6:41 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

In the writings it says with the 2nd/3rd pregnancy the time may be a bit shorter before labor starts but that being said there doesn't seem to be a way to predict. I remember waddling around waiting for Amber to arrive...finally two weeks LATE...but I have no record of when she dropped. With Drew it was drop and to the hospital within hours. So you'll soon see what the "Little Man" is planning. :-)

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home