Monday, November 13, 2006

Alone

Tonight will be our first night alone in our new house. I just dropped my dad off at the airport. I'm not sure what we are going to do if something comes up. Dad has fixed or helped fix just about everything needed in the house so far. There hasn't been much, but he has been a wealth of knowledge.

Now comes the hard part: finding a place for everything. Not that there isn't enough space, but I just have to decide where everything should go. I'm already LOVING our new closet! I can walk all the way in, Brian can be standing on the other side of the closet, and I can see all of my clothing at the same time. It is about twice the size of our closet in our condo, minus the 14 foot ceilings!

I'm hoping we can start to fall into a better life routine now. There has been such a feeling of instability for the past year, that I'm really looking forward to feeling like we aren't going anywhere for awhile. Of course, this is typically when we do something to completely stir the pot! So, why not start looking for a new job or thinking about a new baby! I could never let things be stable for too long. Just not in my character :-)

On the subject of a baby, I had to move some baby items from a cardboard box into a tupperware yesterday (some of you my know that I have a need to have everything stored in tupperwares). I could see Brian's look of terror as I was picking up the baby carrier and miracle blanket and looking at them longingly. As we say around here, my uterus was throbbing. My brain is telling me that I need to know what my new career path is going to be before going on maternity leave, but my uterus is screaming "give me a baby!" I'm going to stick with my logical brain and try to keep my uterus under wraps for a little longer. I don't think I could come to grips with our world being turned upside down within months.

I'm also quite worried about delivering early again. I know this pregnancy could be completely different, but I can't get the worries out of my head. I'm going to just stop thinking about my body and a baby for awhile. No more posts about this subject. Damn it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

Why not go for two new babies? That should keep the pot a-stirring for awhile! :) Come on you over achievers...release two eggs or divide the one!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

You're mean...not posting about this. Your loyal brain fans are going to disappointed.

4:26 PM  
Blogger JayC said...

please... no more references to the "throbbing uterus".

3:50 PM  
Blogger Rorick Family said...

The 2nd delivery is MUCH easier! So, giddy-up! Nora would LOVE a new sister or brother... or both!

4:41 AM  
Blogger April said...

Get over it boys. Uteruses are all the same. It's my blog and I'll write what I want to, write what I want to, write I want to. You would write too if you had a blog about you! (sung to It's My Party)

11:55 AM  
Blogger Andi said...

I'll totally read about your "trobbing uterus." I have to experience second pregnancies through other people.

5:27 PM  
Blogger April said...

Does this mean you've ruled out a third (or fourth)?

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home