Monday, December 11, 2006

Fat, Fat, Fat

Damn am I feeling fat these days. It is just going to get worse over the next few weeks too. I guess I'll be taking a lot of stretchy waist pants home for the holidays ;-)

It's the last week of school and I'm feeling myself retreat into the plans for next week and beyond rather than wrap up things here. This probably what every teacher and student in the building is doing, but I have some important things that I need to make sure get done before Friday.

The most difficult thing about my job right now is that my principal has told me that she is looking for a special ed teacher to take my job, so I can move on to bigger and better things! She would like me (and I would love) to take the position that works with all grade levels focusing on writing and math for students that are just on the cusp. Man I would love to do that! The best part of the job is that most people in those roles quickly move out of the schools and into a district-level position such as training or overseeing multiple schools. Hopefully that will happen soon.

I am also dealing with a school psychologist that absolutely sucks. I am having to keep track of everything she does wrong and report to the principal. Everyone is having to do that. Today, in a meeting with a parent, the psych didn't explain anything to the parent about her testing results. That was left up to me...even though I don't give her damn tests! After the meeting, my principal asked me to go through her report and let her know what she did wrong. Ouch.

Over all life is good.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

About feeling fat.....you'll feel much better when you see me next week. Seriously. I have gained back all of the weight I lost over summer. I got fat again. Blegh.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Jana S. said...

And maybe you'll also feel better knowing that after my first daughter was born, I was back at my pre-pregnancy weight (about 155-160 lbs.) within about a week, but then gained about 25 lbs. over the next six months. I then subsequently managed to somehow get that back down. After my second daguther was born this August, I was down to 145 lbs. a week after her birth, but now I have managed to get up to 160 again, and am working on getting that down again. Now if that's not a yo-yo ...
Jane Kucharik

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck pursuing new challenges with your job, April. You're a born leader, so go for it.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Rorick Family said...

Your job sounds interesting and now the psych here looks like an angel now!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Andi said...

My school psych forgot to attend a reveal/IEP earlier this year.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home