Sunday, February 18, 2007

Real Food

I just made our first "real" meal in a long time. It consisted of mushroom and scallop risotto, asparagus, and molten chocolate cakes with espresso whipped cream. Orgasm in a bowl! (sorry Dad) Throw in a bottle of Cakebread Chardonnay (from Jay and Jessica) and it was an amazing meal. Needless to say, my cheeks are pretty pink right now! Seriously, there is no way you can open a bottle like that an not drink it all!

It's nice to have Monday off and feel comfortable making a mess of the kitchen and getting drunk! I know I will have plenty of time to clean it up over the next couple of days ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger FDR said...

Happy Presidents' Day, April. How did the wine get the name "Cakebread?"

6:01 AM  
Blogger Unplugged said...

I'm jealous...I was just ranting at myself during the last grocery trip b.c of the fact that my "cooking" has been replaced with thawing and heating mechanisms. ANNOYING! When will the days of real meals come back? Maybe when we can eat after 5:00 at night, and eat together!!!!!! Good for you. It sounds scrumptious!

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home