Friday, August 17, 2007

So much food...so little attention

I just realized the other day how much freaking food we have in our house. And yet, I still find myself at the grocery store every other day! I decided to combat this problem by creating an inventory of all the food we have on hand. Ok, so this must be some crazy nesting period I'm going through, but it really helped.

A couple of weeks ago, Brian and I found the butcher that we've been searching for. They have the same MEGA BOX O MEAT deal like the place we like in Milwaukee. It ends up costing a little over $2.00 a pound and you get things like, hot dogs, bacon, rib eyes, pot roast, polish sausage, breakfast sausage, ground beef, and the list goes on. The point of me telling you this is that all of this meat is in our freezer just waiting to be consumed!

I'm trying to create menus from everything that we have to use it wisely and then just order our groceries on line to fill in the gaps. Microsoft employees get delivery for free, so it ends up saving me a lot of money because I don't pick up crap that we don't need. For the next two weeks, my grocery bill was $44! I'm also doing better at planning on how to use left overs rather than ending up with a fridge full of left overs that don't go together by the end of the week.

We'll see how long this lasts, but I think it will help ease some of my stress when school starts. Especially because Brian is going to be on a business trip to Latvia (Lithuania, I can never remember which one it is) and Paris for the first week and a half I am back to school, UGH!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

You are so organized! If anyone can teach a new grade level classroom, have an almost 3 yr. old and be pregnant, it's YOU! We all love you very much.

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home