Saturday, December 01, 2007

My second Thanksgiving Present

Not only did I receive a new son for Thanksgiving this year, but I got an amazing gift from my husband as well.

Brian was acting quite strange last week when he asked me to stay home to sign for a package. He told me it was my Christmas present and I was under strict orders to not open it. I'm not a very patient person, as many of you know, so this was quite difficult. I didn't even recognize the name of the company from where it was shipped, but I restrained my self and didn't look it up. I know, I'm a good girl, aren't I?

When Brian got home that evening, I asked, quite a few times, if I was going to have to wait to open my Christmas present as it was more than a month early! He continued to tell me that I was going to have to wait. Finally, late that afternoon, Brian said he was going to give in and give me my present. I was working on the computer and he came in and asked me for my phone. He started to open it up and take out the SIM chip. I looked up at him and exclaimed, "I thought I told you I didn't want a new phone for Christmas!" He had been telling me for a couple of months that my el cheapo phone wasn't good enough and needed one with a full key pad. I usually love change, but when it comes to my phone...no way! I like the bottom of the line with no bells and whistles.

Anyway, back to the story. Brian took my phone back into the mud room and came out with a red box with a beautiful black velvet and mesh bag around it. I said, "That doesn't look like a box for a phone!" I took the box out of the bag, opened it, and audibly gasped. Inside were two beautiful diamond earrings! Brian told me I deserved two diamonds for our two amazing children. Needless to say, the tears began to flow.

He really got me. I haven't been that surprised in a long time! He done good...done good.

4 Comments:

Blogger M Big Mistake said...

I got Tracy diamond earings for her 30th birthday. Every woman in the room over the age of 40 did not hesistate to tell us that you can turn them in and trade up to the next bigger size anytime that you want. So you start small and slowly trade up until you have huge ones. It was a strange "right of passage" conversation...though it left me vaguely feeling like a cheap-skate.

9:26 AM  
Blogger April said...

Good thing Brian went for the big ones the first time around!

2:01 PM  
Blogger FDR said...

I have to say, I got teary eyed reading this April. I'm very proud of our Son.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

So what did Grandpa say when he saw them or was he blinded by their light? Pretty awesome, Brian!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home