Friday, April 06, 2007

Days off

It sure has been nice to have 5 days without worrying about which parents are going to call, what IEPs are overdue, and how I'm going to make it to the end of the day.

I've been able to do things I've been waiting to do for months. My massage on Tuesday was wonderful, minus the boobs interfering. I could hardly lay on my stomach at first because my boobs are twice their normal size and sore as hell. Brian's analogy was that if his penis doubled in size in the span of a few weeks, he'd be in pain too.

Salumi was very interesting! The deli opened at 11:00 am and I got there at about 11:20. The line was out to the street and I didn't see any movement. My first thought was they were acting very Italian and not opening on time. However, on closer examination, I learned that the line went all the way into the deli and people were leaving the door closed until there was room to move ahead. I stood in line for 45 minutes waiting for elaborate cuts of cured meats and cheeses. It was delicious!

Yesterday, I took a Thai cooking class at PCC (our local organic grocery) for 2.5 hours. It was amazing. The teacher was from Phuket, Thailand and told great stories from her childhood and helping her mother cook. We had a grapefruit and shrimp salad, masaman curry, phad thai, and a banana pastry. YUMMY! After my class, I headed to the salon to have my hair done.

All in all, it has been a relaxing week. I'm going to clean the house this morning (a task I've been avoiding all week) and then head out in search for some prego jeans that will fit right now. My belly is already starting to stick out and it is super sensitive. I must have some sensory integration issues in my lower abdomen when I'm pregnant because I can't stand anything digging in my gut. All my pants fit fine (a little tighter than normal) when I'm standing, but when I sit down, I have to immediately unbutton what ever it is that I'm wearing. Not cool. I'm off to Gap and Old Navy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Snowman said...

If Brian's penis doubled in size he wouldn't be the only one in pain!

(you totally left yourself open to that one.)

10:14 AM  
Blogger Andi said...

I couldn't hardly stand anything touching my belly within a few weeks of becoming pregnant was completely out of "normal" pants at 11 weeks. Hmmmmm...maybe there is more than one in there... :) (hee hee hee)

10:14 AM  
Blogger Hamster said...

If you like Thai cooking Yu might be interested in this website.
www.thaifoodtonight.com
It's got about 30 recipes each one with a cooking video to go along
Good if you like to try cooking Thai food at home

12:11 PM  
Blogger FDR said...

I'm in shock that you would stand in a line for 45 minutes! Glad to hear it was all worth waiting for! Also happy that you had a nice relaxing week.

Remember how fast you started to "show" with Nora? I think by Mother's day you were already in maternity clothes.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

I am so tall and have so much room in there that I didn't wear maternity pants until past 20 weeks with the first, and just before 20 wks with the second! I prolly looked about 6-7 months pregger the day I had either of them!

I'm so excited for you April. BTW, thanks for the penis visual. Penis penis penis. Makes me laugh every time. Yes, I believe I'm about 10 years old.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home