Sunday, April 01, 2007

Spring Break

Spring Break has started out perfectly!

Friday night I attended by first pottery painting party. I met eight or nine new women and was able to connect with quite a few. It was nice to be able to have a conversation with someone new! That hasn't been happening much lately. I also had fun with the pottery. I chose a bowl for my experiment. I painted the interior beige and the exterior blue and then ran the blue over the inside edge of the bowl. It should turn out pretty cool. I'm able to pick it up on Wednesday. I'll take a picture and post it.

Saturday morning, Nora and I went swimming while Brian had a cavity drilled. Then she and I took a two hour nap together! After a little shopping, we dropped Nora off at Kristian and Anne Marie's house where she stayed over night. This is my exchange of services deal. I tutor Kristian every week and they watch Nora every couple of weeks. It is perfect!

Brian and I went out to a tapas restaurant in Seattle called Tango. We went there with Tracy and Dar almost a year ago and loved it. We loved it even more this time. We started out with wild mushrooms and jamon and blue cheese souffles. YUMMY! The second order we made was grilled pork with mashed sweet potatoes and grilled asparagus with an aoili sauce. WOW! We topped it off with a Brizillian nut cake, filled with chocolate, a boulle of coffee ice cream, and carmel mousse. It was an amazing night of food.

We ended the evening by watching Blades of Glory, the new Will Farrell movie. We haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It is definitely a movie you want to see if you don't want to think about anything serious! Our first choice would have been Name Sake, but we didn't want to wait until 10:25 to see a movie!

Now, this morning, I'm going shopping with a friend of mine. What more could I ask for in a weekend?

I'll try to get better about posting. Sorry about the hiatus.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hi, A;ril! It's Sarah...your former Brewers Hill condomate! I have enjoyed reading your blogs and am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable weekend. Brandon and I are hoping to go see the movie Blades of Glory soon, so I'm happy to hear you liked it. I heard it's hilarious. Well, I just wanted to say hello....please say hi to Brian and Nora for us. :)

3:35 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Welcome back, April, I missed you! I wondered if Blades of Glory might be kinda stupid....but I'll take your word for it and try it out!

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home