Saturday, October 20, 2007

Awake

It is 7:50 AM and I have already been to our favorite doughnut man and coffee shack. Upon my return, I found my husband and daughter blissfully sleeping, in the same position I left them in. Damn them.

I am truly looking forward to being able to comfortably sleep again. One quick movement can send my calf muscles into spasm, my bladder into convulsions, or my stomach into screams of "Lay still!" I am still having a hard time believing that the female body was "made for this." Who the hell said that? It must have been a male, because he would have never made a rash statement had he experienced what pregnancy is like.

As of tomorrow, I will have passed the time in my pregnancy when Nora was born. That will be a huge accomplishment, but it is making me realize that this little guy is probably not going to make his appearance any time soon. I believe Cousin Andi's statement was something to the effect of "I bet he'll be a week and a half late." We'll see if it is that long, but I have a feeling that I am in for another 6 weeks of torture.

To combat my torturous state, I have taken it upon myself to make/purchase every food stuff that I know I will not allow myself after Little Man is born. Last night, I made the butterscotch rice crispy treats that I have salivated over at Lutheran pot lucks for years. As you read previously, this morning I purchased some of my beloved blueberry cake doughnuts. I have fond memories of blueberry cake doughnuts from Family Foods on Sunday mornings. I also need to indulge myself in these luscious morsels of calorie hell before the nice Vietnamese baker changes them to pumpkin cake doughnuts for the winter season (gag). I'm not sure what else is on the menu for the weekend. But, I can assure you, it will not be the beautifully portioned out meals full of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains that dominated the first and second trimester of my pregnancy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Take that, pregnancy!

12:56 PM  
Blogger FDR said...

I've always admired your will to eat healthy. It makes me feel better to know that even the healthiest of eaters can indulge in the forbidden every now and then!

I'm sorry you are uncomfortable, but this too will pass. Just keep thinking of the end result!! Sue

PS: Maybe "the little man" will be like Brian in the sleep department :-)

10:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

1. pumpkin cake donuts......why oh why would anyone do that?
2. yeah for indulging, you deserve it.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Andi said...

I was just teasing about week in a half late thing...I do hope that isn't the case!

Hope the home stretch goes a little better once you start working less!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Even though Andi was just teasing, I think she's right. ;) The little man is going to arrive within a week of the due date...enjoy it since it just means longer for you to indulge yourself. (I think drool dripped out of the corner of my mouth while reading about the donuts, and damn, I'm at work!)

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home