Sunday, November 04, 2007

Update

Tomorrow is officially 36 weeks of pregnancy. I've never made it this far before! The doctor excitedly told me last Tuesday morning that I've broken the 200 pounds mark, the Little Man probably weighs over 6 pounds, I don't have the yucky strep thing that requires penicillin, and there is no way that I will have to endure another 73 hour labor! Overall, it was a good report, minus the 200 pounds thing. She told me that I could go into labor at any time and it would be perfectly fine and healthy for the baby.

Yes, I'm awake at 2:25 AM (OK, it's really 1:25 because of Daylight Savings Time). Nothing new around here. The good thing is that I actually feeling a million times better than I did a month ago. Thanks to the belly bra, I no longer experience the semi-truck-in-the-crotch-syndrome and I'm feeling less tired during the day despite getting less sleep at night.

The other big landmark that I've made it to is my last day of full-time work was on Friday. I am officially working half-time, with my long-term sub (who I think I'm going to love) working the other half of the day. We are going to start out with me teaching in the mornings for the first week and then switch so she can have the morning experience while I'm still around. I would prefer to just teach in the afternoon as the morning is jam packed with reading, writing, and math. The afternoon is simply science, lunch, and two recesses!

Finally, Brian and I have come to an agreement, for the most part, on a name for the Little Man. I'm not going to share yet, because I think that would be strange to call him by name well before he has entered the world, but you'll be the first to know! We have decided on both of the names, we're just not positive on their order. This has been a real struggle for us. Boy names have been much harder. There seems to be only a few good boy names and a million girl names to choose from. The other problem is that now the name has to go well with Nora. Something like Nora and Boris just wouldn't work, you know?

3 Comments:

Blogger FDR said...

We're excited!! Waiting to hear "little man's" name is like a child waiting for Christmas! We can hardly wait. We have no doubt it will fit him to a tea.

Glad you're feeling well, April. You're on the home stretch now!

5:34 AM  
Blogger mgutzeitporter said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better April!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Glad to hear you decided against Boris....else I would have had to call him "Little Man" for the rest of his life. ;)

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home