Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm Lazy

Oh how I long for those days in Paris where working illegally was no big deal. I'm not sure if it is still that way, but I'm going to continue believing that it is Utopia there. I was making cash working illegally and we had the most amazing house cleaner that was also working illegally for $30 a week. Obet cleaned everything! I would come home and the cabinet under the kitchen sink would be spotless and reorganized. Another time I came home and all the clothes in our closet were ironed. I didn't have to walk past my bathroom everyday and think, when is someone going to clean that? Maybe it will just clean itself if I leave it long enough. Man I hate to clean! What the hell is the point? It just gets dirty again!

So you must now think that my house is in a constant state of nastiness. Not the case...our bedroom bathroom is really the only place that I'll let get like that. Last Saturday night, after our return from the Midwest, Nora threw up in our toilet because she was so worked up over not being able to sleep in our bed with us. I just cleaned that same toilet this morning. What's wrong with me? I'm in total avoidance. My pattern is that if there aren't enough events scheduled, I don't get much done. For example, if Nora has preschool, we have an afternoon play date and someone over for dinner; I get an amazing amount of things done.

Obet, where are you? We need your help! I'm a lazy mother that doesn't want to do everything that is required of a mother! The $100 a week for a cleaning lady around here just isn't in the budget...I'm going to have to suck it up.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Cheaper help is out there...you just have to find it...ask everyone you know if they have a cleaning person that they'd recommend. Or, ask one of your babysitters if they'd be interested in earning some extra cash to do some cleaning for you. At the very least, get someone to come in once a month for you even if it is a hundred bucks. It requires both time and motivation to do it yourself all the time and let's face it, people like you and I don't enjoy cleaning. I've never understood the freaks that do. ;)

1:52 PM  
Blogger Rorick Family said...

Yeah! I'm not the only one who feels like that! :) There are more important things than a clean house.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

I'm totally incapable of being productive if I'm not overly busy. That doesn't make any sense but I know exactly what you are saying!!!

I hate cleaning as well, don't stress. Children grow and change too quickly for you to spend your time cleaning. Just keep it clean enough so Social Services isn't knocking on your door ;)

5:40 PM  
Blogger Jesse and Kate said...

I'm with you. Maybe we could share a house keeper. It has always been a dream of mine! :0) Sometimes I wonder how my apartment could get so messy, then I look at my husband and the mystery is solved.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home