Monday, January 21, 2008

An Ode to My Body

Oh my breasts, where have they gone?
They have deflated and left with just a Dear John.
What once was, will never be again.
I'm reminded every time they dangle over the playpen.

What my breasts lack, my ass delivers.
That monstrosity on my backside makes me quiver.
I would much rather have an 'L' hugging my backside
Because the numbers 1 and 4 on a tag,
Just about makes me want to gag.

Oh dear stretch marks, I smile when I see you.
I thought I would make it through unscathed, but I'll have to make-do.
The beautiful shade of purple and red,
Reminds me that while pregnant, I never once went unfed.

So here's to sports bras and sweats.
What I used to think was beautiful, are no longer my assets.
Big and bulky can only last so long,
Soon enough I'll be wearing that thong!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jake Johnson said...

You need to go back to work.

2:40 PM  
Blogger FDR said...

Ahh! But look what you have in return. The stretch marks will fade....the sagging boobs...well maybe a push up will make you feel better, but your body served you well April, and will continue to do so, even though it shows its signs of a life well lived.

4:10 PM  
Blogger JayC said...

Someone has to take over for Shel Silverstein... I think you're the leading candidate.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

d to the o to the r to the k

2:18 PM  
Blogger bosstone75 said...

Funny stuff April! Didn't know you were a poet! - Bill

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home